Thursday, October 4, 2018

Homework Nightmare

I can't be the only one that really can't remember doing homework as a kid? I just don't remember it, I am sure I had something but I never remember sitting down at the table with my mom for an hour plus working on a math work sheet! 

So much has changed and I am at a loss! 

Our poor sweet Diva is struggling but not with what you might think. As a seven year old in second grade this is our first time having actual homework. Not just the hey circle the correct word homework. 

Every night we sit down and either Justin or myself will help her with her math homework. Last night I had a seriously rough parenting moment because I made her cry..... I am not even sure how that happened. She started crying because she didn't want to tell me the wrong answer, what do you say to that?!

She knows the answer to the problem but doesn't want to tell me. I can't get her to have confidence that she knows the correct answer. She wants me to tell her the answer then she is she had it correct which isn't how that works. I am willing to try anything at this point to help her find her groove! 

Is there a routine that you have set in place that is more homework friendly?
Do you just allow them to sit there all night trying to do it themselves? 
Is she just being overly sensitive and needs to toughen up? 

I need help! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment