Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Main Gate Anxiety


So this may be a new military wife thing but does anyone else have super gate ID check anxiety?! 

My first time ever going on to a Military base was with my Husband in Italy. I remember every time we left the house he would go through a check list of everything I needed to make sure we could go on base. So by god by the time I left I was a pro, I knew where everything was and handed it to them in the order they were going to look at it. 

It just made me super nervous! You play out the worst case scenario in your mind...What if I drop my ID and it goes into the missing sock abyss? What if I hold up all of these people? What happens if they for some reason they won't let me in? I just have this fear of them making me hold up traffic or heaven forbid turn around. 


Any time my family is in town they laugh at me because I ask like five times if everyone has their ID before we leave the house. I have this fear my Mother will be the person whose ID is partially melted in their wallet and gets completely stuck. My Dad on the other hand, always has his wallet in whatever bag is located in the trunk, no matter how many times you remind him that he needs it. 

Does the anxiety ever go away? Will I ever just be one of those people that it doesn't bother? Who knows! 

I completely blame my Husband for installing this fear of being stuck at the gate into my mind! He dies laughing when he is in the car with me because not very many things make me nervous but this is one of them! 

Hopefully I am not the only one that checks to make sure they know where their ID is 8 times on the slow roll up to the gate! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment