Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Military Wife Life: The Things You Don't Realize You Will Miss When You Move

For those who don't know this is my first PCS with my Husband. We found out we were more than likely going to VA almost a full year before we moved. I was so excited, I would finally get to spend every night with my Husband, I wouldn't be alone with two kids, no more long distance marriage, and I could kiss him any time I want! (enter favorite romantic comedy here)


I knew I would miss the big things.....like family, friends, and my comfort zone but somethings didn't even cross my mind until now. So I want to mention the things you don't realize you are going to miss and I don't want to be a sad Debby Downer but you just don't know until you KNOW!

1. (My worst experience so far) The favorite Doctor! - You quickly realize that not all Doctors & Hospitals are made equal! For instance OBGYN, yea I am learning this one the hard way that the amazing experiences I had with my first two are not going to happen here. Over crowed waiting rooms and Doctors that cant even remember what you are there for. ( I was mistaken for a patient pregnant with twins today and I literally almost fell off the table when she started telling me about them) They also don't do the "fit you in asap" with sick children. I was used to being able to call the morning of and go "Hey Eva is running a fever can she be seen?" and I would get "Sure thing what time can you be here?" Here in VA they have a Emergency care that opens at 4pm and next day appointments with Pediatrics. (Luckily my Husband's base can get them into the clinic a little bit better) Yes I finally gave in and switched to Prime just to have my kids seen in a timely manner!

2. Your Favorite Grocery Store - Now this might be my southern showing but I have always been a creature of habit and went to the same Grocery store over and over and over. I even drove out of my way to go to the good one on the other side of town. Here, I think I have tried three not counting Target (because lets face it nothing beats Target) and none of them compare. Nothing bad has happened but it does make you miss home.

3. Children's Boutique - I would kill to be able to walk into a purple peanut right now and go for the first thing with ruffles and a big matching bow I can find! There are zero to none Children Boutique's, and that means no boutique consignment stores! I have been on the look out for a Snickerdoodle or a Purple Peanut for MONTHS! FYI Please go check them out if you are in the Huntsville, Alabama area!


The Purple Peanut
Snickerpoodles Consignment Shoppe


What are some of the things you miss the most when you move?

0 comments:

Post a Comment