Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Every Pregnancy Is Different & So Is The Weight Gain

So I am a firm believer that by sharing your story, you can make someone out there some where feel better about what they are going through. This is probably one of my not so fantastic memory/life moment ever but its a good comparison point.

When I found out I was pregnant with Eva, I was 21 years old and roughly 115lbs. Did I mention I was 6ft tall?! Healthy wasn't even a word I understood and if it wasn't an energy drink I probably didn't have it for a meal.



I was complete skin and bones! Let me tell you was I in for a real pregnancy treat! Morning Sickness so bad it required me to be put on a pump that I had to carry around with me, 3 or 4 (I can't remember) hospitalizations due to dehydration, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, preeclampsia, and pre-term labor. Then my most favorite of all......100+ pound weight gain.



How do you gain that much weight when you can't eat hardly anything? That is the wonderful world of pregnancy when you are extremely unhealthy. 

I went from a size 4 to a size 12/14. I had horrible PPD and wouldn't admit it. My face was so swollen I was unrecognizable. I stayed like that for probably the first two years after she was born.


Now my pre-pregnancy self with Grayson on the other hand, I was 27 at a normal weight working out occasionally. Watching what I ate but still enjoying social drinking. I worked out when I had time and it was mostly weights or walking at work.

Completely different experience!!!!

I might have gotten nausea once or twice, lost probably 18 lbs right off the bat by just cutting out drinking and soda/coffee. Gained right at around 20 lbs total for the whole 9 months, which is what my Doctor was hoping for and I stayed active my entire pregnancy! No problems, no emergencies, and an amazing delivery! My health made a huge difference!!! This pregnancy was purely staying active and eating the right things!

Check out the difference!

Tell the difference? I know I did! Now what baby three has in store for us no one knows! 
What is your pregnancy story? 








0 comments:

Post a Comment