Monday, August 27, 2018

Meat at The Grocery Store vs. SAM's Club

Since the amazing husband has been home our grocery shopping has changed quite a bit. We both have things we like, he buys junk food, I buy the same staples the kids need every week and chicken/beef. Now that we are a growing family of five we decided to be adults and get us a SAM's membership!

They had an amazing deal online for active military and their families! For $45 dollars we received our 1 year membership, a free rotisserie chicken, a 12 inch apple pie, 20 count croissant, and a $10 off egift card.



I have slowly learned to compare price per pound. Just because it looks like more or its under $5 doesn't actually mean it is a good deal. So when you look at Harris Teeter vs Sam's Club there isn't much of a comparison.

Yes, I actually have to physically go in SAM's which I am not a big fan of but the click list kids have been messing up a lot lately which is just as much hassle as taking the kids inside.

Chicken based on this week sales ad:
Harris Teeter Family Pack Chicken Breast - $1.99 per pound with a 6LB average.
SAM's Club Chicken Breast - $1.88 per pound with a 8lb average.

When we cook we typically use 3-4 chicken breast per meal. Justin, myself, the kids split one, and then one (sometimes) for us to take to work. Now that we are doing meal prepping for lunches that chicken can go super quick! So the more the better! That one pack of chicken gave us 4 freezer bags with 2-3 large chicken breasts! So that covers one for meal prep and three dinners for the week with chicken! (Without me having to make a trip back to the grocery store!)

80/20 Ground Chuck on this week sales ad:
Harris Teeter- $5.00 per LB but on sale for $3.48 per pound for 2LB avg.
SAM's Club - $2.99 per LB with 5-6 LB avg.

THAT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE! That I never knew existed! I took that home and split it up into 5 individual freezer bags!

Next time we are going to do ground turkey & fish and switch it up a bit! See that price comparison to come! Is there anything you love or have to buy in bulk?! I need all the help we can get!

Huge shout out to my Mom and my friend Nicole for pointing me in the right direction of price comparison & hopefully soon I can learn couponing hahaha!




0 comments:

Post a Comment