Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My First Relocation Job Hunting Experience!

Long Time No Talk! So the past few weeks have a been a little insane in the Russell household!

We finally received official orders that we are moving to Virginia Beach! Wooo-hooo! Go Navy Go!

First off, if you ever wanted to kill your career ego just start applying for jobs out of state!!! I have six years in Property Management and I have gotten 2 phones calls out of probably 40 resumes. They have all been super nice but either want someone familiar with the area or someone who can start like tomorrow! So needless to say I feel a little defeated at the moment.

On the other hand I have it narrowed down to a new area, and few select houses, and found daycare for both kids! (See why I haven't had time to sleep? ) Even researched the local elementary schools for the Diva Monster!

So far I have signed up for a few hiring sites but is it just me or do they just spam your mail box with the same aids over and over and over again?



  • Indeed.com
  • Ziprecruiter
  • LinkedIn
These are all amazing internet job sourcing tools but user before your will have more emails than you ever thought possible and not from the people looking to hire you! 

I have had my peers & superiors critiquing my resume but it doesn't seem to help. I miss the days where you had to go and apply in person! If any one has any helpful hints on relocation from out of state I would love to hear them!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment